There I was, attempting to start the Cougar after the latest parts and additions. I was pulling out of the garage space and noticed a large pool of clear liquid following me out of the space. It ended up being gasoline. The fuel rail cross over hardened and sprung a leak.
There’s a decently easy fix for this problem at least. I pulled the rail, cut the cross over lines off and replaced them with 1/4″ fuel line. Using some EFI fuel clamps, I attached them and fixed it all up. If it hasn’t happened to you, it may. The stock fuel rails are good for plenty of horse power, so don’t replace them when you can just fix them.
Almost ready to drive! Just need to get a new upper to lower intake gasket since it tore when I took it apart.
Did some updating on the Cougar this weekend. Added my MM Caster/Camber plates and installed my new 94/95 spindles. Have it back on the ground, just needs a decent alignment and we’ll be good to go on driving. Should eliminate my bumpsteer problems. I was using 2004 spindles before.
Finally getting around to getting some new pictures up. It’s been a long 8 months since my last update, and I can only blame school (and myself). Now that I’ve finally graduated, I plan to work on the garage and the Cougar to bring it up to where it should be. The battery is now dead, and I’ll probably switch over to a normal type battery instead of the Optima since they are prohibitively expensive.
During the install of the wideband sensor, the welder I had quit. I ended up buying a new unit.
More updates in the new year, I promise!
I got the new bolts, gasket and plug for the throttle body and put it on yesterday. Here’s an updated picture of the completed setup. Next I need to buy a new O2 bung for the wideband and install that. I will probably order it this week and install next weekend.
Yes, I realize I need to clean the engine bay…
Wow this is a nice spacer. I got the 2″ version from a seller on eBay called riogts. riogts on eBay. This will probably be the best looking item in my engine bay. Throttle body should arrive tomorrow, need some gaskets and new bolts and we’ll be back in business.
The Zeitronix ZT-3 has arrived! Throttle body and spacer are scheduled for Friday with UPS. Thought it was going to include an O2 bung, so I’ll have to order that as well.
Well I’ve finally put some money down on some new parts for the Cougar. I ordered a new throttle body and spacer to rid myself of the ugly and leaking set up I had before. I also purchased a Zeitronix ZT-3 wideband O2 sensor to help tune it. I will also be ordering some cast and camber plates some time this week to help fix some of the suspension problems in the front end.
That’s a majority of the problems I have with the cougar at this point and I hope to be working on them soon. Here’s a status update picture to show that the Cougar does still exist.
It’s been a long year… at the end of last year, we bought a new house and moved in. It’s been a hectic year and progress on the Cougar has stalled. The cougar is assembled and ready to go, but needs a tune, a decent clean up/wax, and a few parts painted.
Here’s my new garage to work in. We installed 6 extra lights, and a ceiling fan. The bench area is a total disaster, but it works and is getting more organized…
Here’s the current state of the engine.
As of today, I removed the rear tail lights and am getting ready to repaint the bumper. A proper paint job will have to wait, but for now, I need to make it look more presentable.